Faaaaaammmmmmmiiiiilllllllllllly!

Posted By on November 9th, 2011

On Friday the 21st (yes I know I am a week behind) I got to see my FAMILY! Well, my Mom and Grandparents at least. They picked me up and we went down to Newport for the day to tour the mansions and explore downtown. Let me just say, I knew they were big, but I was still surprised as to how big. Also, who would have such a big place that they only lived in for the summer to entertain? It must be nice to have that kind of money…

Which one is your favorite? I liked The Breakers the best, but the Rosecliff had the prettiest yard.

Rosecliff

Rosecliff

The Breakers

The Breakers

The Elms

The Elms

Marble House

Marble House

After we explored the Newport Mansions we went out to dinner at Flo’s Clam Shack. The food there was really good, which is saying something considering I don’t enjoy seafood much. Then again, I loaded my fish with tartar sauce that way I couldn’t really taste the haddock. My whole entire family loves seafood, so sometimes I wonder if I’m adopted and they just haven’t told me yet. Just kidding. My favorite part about the restaurant was the buzzer we got to inform us when our food was ready. It was a lobster!!! Sometimes the smallest things fascinate me the most. Who cares if I am an adult, that doesn’t mean I always have to act like one, right??

lobster

Flo’s Clam Shack Buzzer

MIDNIGHT MADNESS 2011!!!!

Everyday I’m Hollerin’

I learned a very valuable lesson during Midnight Madness. Our sports teams are absolutely full of spirit! And two girls, no matter how hard they try, are not capable of holding back the rest of the girls at RWU from wanting to run across the gym and visit the Wrestling Team. I did in fact have some forewarning, but it’s one of those things that just can’t be understood until you experience it for yourself. Needless to say, it was hectic.

Overall, though, Midnight Madness was a lot of fun. Everyone was full of school spirit, and like at every major event there were free t-shirts. I think I have mentioned it before, but our student body goes crazy for free t-shirts. Want to hear what I think the best part of the night was??

MY GRANDFATHER CAUGHT A T-SHIRT!! I was so proud. Go Grandpa!

The next morning my mother, grandparents and I explored Bristol before going to the Homecoming Luncheon and Autumn Festival. It was during our exploration that I finally experienced Sip-N-Dip coffee. I finally understand what everyone on campus is raving about. Sip-N-Dip coffee is delicious!

Goal: Try every flavor of Sip-N-Dip coffee.

Afterward, I wasn’t very hungry, but many people told me that the Homecoming Luncheon is one of the best that we have. I’m not so sure I agree with them, but I did have some amazing pumpkin ravioli! It was extremely rich and tasted like dessert, and was so good that I kept eating more. Yummmmmm!

At the Autumn Festival I made sand art for my brother inside of a plastic dinosaur bottle. Once again, just because I’m adult doesn’t mean I always have to act like one. :)

We went shopping in the university bookstore because my grandparents wanted some RWU apparel to show off. It also ended up being a good time to give my family Christmas ideas. After all, I am a “poor college student”…

~~~~~Fast forward to Sunday brunch~~~~~

My mom had to go back home on Saturday night, so it was just my grandparents and me at Sunday brunch. All of the Bon Appétit staff looked very formal, but I had to convince my grandparents that no, they don’t always wear button down shirts, vests and bow ties. In fact, that was the first time I had ever seen them dressed up like that. Though, I suppose since it was considered the President’s Luncheon, that’s a pretty good reason to look snazzy.

Just as we were about to set down our plates, the strangest thing happened. Do you remember my burnt popcorn story? Well, this time the fire alarm was because of an omelet pan. An omelet pan set off the fire alarm causing everyone in The Commons at the time to evacuate and wait for Bristol Fire Department to come shut off the alarm. Sometimes I wonder if they receive a bonus in their paycheck for every time they have to come to RWU because of something like a burned omelet pan or burned popcorn?? I promised my grandparents that I would blog about this incident so here I am…blogging about it. :)

Burned popcorn, a burned omelet, and Hurricane Irene. What’s next?

Tags: , , , ,

Similar Posts
Posted in Fall 2011