ICC Spirit Week 2011

Posted By on November 1st, 2011

Well, I had it all planned out to write a blog about last week’s festivities and then another one about Homecoming and Family Weekend and finally a third one about Wicked Weekend, but somehow I got so distracted that it is now Friday the 28th, 11 days after my last blog. But hey, better late than never right? However, the problem now is that I have to try and remember nearly two weeks back instead of just a few days. Thankfully, almost every event that happens at Roger Williams ends up on Facebook, so maybe I’ll just have to do a little bit of Facebook stalking.

ICC’s Spirit Week

On Tuesday night, the 18th, there was Spirit Bingo in the Upper Commons. Long story short, I didn’t win. Neither did anyone else in my unit, no matter how many times we were as little as one number away. Spirit Bingo was entertaining to say the least, which made up for all of our bad luck. One day, I will finally win a game of bingo. One day.

My 9 o’clock class was cancelled on Wednesday and I managed to sleep through my 8 o’clock. Those are my only two classes on Wednesday, so needless to say I had none! I have an advisement meeting on Halloween for next semester, so maybe I shouldn’t schedule myself for any classes at 8 o’clock in the morning. It seems to be really difficult to get out of a nice warm bed into a chilly room with really cold tile floors. Now that I think about it, I slept through my 11am last week as well because I thought it would be a good idea to take a nap between getting out at 9:20 and leaving at 10:55. The problem I face is that I always turn off my alarm clock and constantly think “just a few more minutes”. Just a few more minutes always turns into me dozing off for at least 30, sometimes even more. I really need to get my act together.

Confessions of a Teenage College Student- College isn’t all fun and games. And “I slept through class” is not a legitimate excuse to tell professors. At least try to come up with something creative…like your goldfish died and you had to go to the funeral.

Wednesday evening I went to the RWU Men’s Soccer vs. Salve Regina game with the Hollerin’ Hawks and ICC via a school bus. Yes, even college students still ride in school buses. It was cold and rainy, however now I finally understand the RWU/Salve Regina rivalry…at least in Men’s Soccer. After going into two overtimes, the teams walked away with a tie game. Our players had more fans than Salve though, and we were definitely louder, so I think that makes us the winners, right?

I promise there is another blog coming shortly, so keep checking in! As always, thanks for reading!

Tags: , , , ,

Similar Posts
Posted in Fall 2011