Wicked Weekend 2011 “Cast A Spell On Me”

Posted By on November 16th, 2011

One week later, and I am finally writing a blog about Halloween weekend at Roger Williams. This past week when I found myself with time to sit down and write, I always seemed to have some sort of writer’s block. And of course when I was busy I had a bunch of ideas of what to say rolling around in my head. But now it is Sunday afternoon a week later and I am sitting on a Peter Pan bus on my way back to Rhode Island after visiting my friend in New York for the weekend. So what better time than now to write?? To start, let’s back up about a week and a half to the Wednesday before Halloween…

On Wednesday night Niimo (another friend) and I went to CEN’s Wednesday Weekly because they were having a Halloween party :) . There they had a makeshift body with bowls hidden underneath. The object of the game was to stick your hand into the bowls and try to guess what was in them. The only one that I was able to guess correctly was the bowl with the hard boiled egg. Every other bowl thoroughly grossed me out though! At this party was also a pumpkin pie eating contest. Each contestant was given a quarter of a pumpkin pie to consume as quickly as possible. Honestly, I would never have been able to do that!! So, props to the ones who did :) .

Thursday CEN had a daytime event in Lower Commons. Amber, Rhea and I were at a table serving pumpkin whoopie pies and “mystery” punch. The mystery punch was really just lemonade and gingerale, but the student’s reactions to drinking something that was fogging (from dry ice) were classic. We ran out of whoopie pies and mystery punch, which I guess is a good thing because that means a lot of people showed up. :)

Finally Friday evening came along and it was time for the Haunted Shell Path. Unfortunately the Haunted Shell Path had to turn into the Haunted Recreation Center due to weather. My friend Chelsea and I were assigned to play dead in the graveyard at the beginning of the maze, which originally I believed would be the easiest acting job that we could have been assigned. However, it didn’t take me too long to realize that it wasn’t in fact an easy job, but rather quite difficult. For some reason, nearly every student who walked by us decided that either a) we’re dead so they should poke us or b) we’re clearly not dead so they should try and make us laugh. At one point, someone even tickled my friend. Trying to keep calm and not move for two hours proved to be nearly impossible. But nonetheless, it was an entertaining event :)

I spent Saturday studying for an exam that I had on Tuesday in my American Legal System class, so I don’t really have a whole lot to say about that other than the fact that “Facebooking” and “Tweeting” is NOT conducive to studying. Because of this, what should have taken me a few hours ended up taking me all day long. By the way, I just got that exam score back on Thursday and let’s just say I didn’t do too well. Drat! Better luck next time…

Yet Another Lesson Learned: Stay OFF social media while studying for exams!!

Saturday night however was time for some fun and laughs! Sailesh, a hypnotist, came to our campus and, well, hypnotized students. I only wish I had some pictures of the students to show! Either way, you should look him up and watch some of his videos. Sailesh was absolutely hilarious and did a great job of keeping the audience laughing throughout the entire evening.

I managed to sleep in until 11:45am on Sunday, which I’m sure for the average college student is early, but for me is extremely late. Whenever I sleep much past 10:00 I always feel very groggy and like I wasted my day away. So, that being said, Sunday I spent recuperating from my busy week and doing absolutely nothing at all. In fact, it would have been a perfect day to write this blog. Whoops.

Anyway, that’s all I have regarding Wicked Weekend. If all goes as planned I’m going write my next blog about academics, since that is why I’m here at RWU to begin with :) .

Tags: , ,

Similar Posts
Posted in Fall 2011