Just Another Week at Roger

Posted By on February 9th, 2012

It’s only been a week since I wrote my last blog, but I was completely out of room on my Post-it note that I use to jot down everything I want to write about as it happens. So if you’re taking time to read this right now (which I am very happy that you are), I hope you have more than just a few minutes because I am already feeling that this blog is going to be relatively long. So please don’t say I never warned you…

The coolest thing happened to me the other day. A university staff member saw me on campus and said I looked familiar, then realized that I wrote this blog and told me that they read it. I don’t actually know who reads this unless they tell me, but I didn’t expect staff members to be following it. Finding this out may seem trivial to some, but not to me. In fact, it made my day so much better and I went right back to my dorm room to begin writing on a new one. To whoever is reading this, I think it’s awesome and thank you so much for taking the time! :D

I learned last Saturday that if I were to be lucky enough to be a contestant on the Price Is Right and be within arm’s reach of Drew Carey, I would do nothing more than make a fool of myself and walk away without a penny more than I started with. I was that crazy person in the audience at CEN’s event yelling all of the wrong answers (even though I thought they were correct at the time…). Either way it was a fun event to attend even if I didn’t know what I was doing.

That Saturday was group process day to become an Orientation Advisor over at Baypoint. (Baypoint by the way, still reminds me of a hotel NOT dorm rooms… maybe I’ll live there next year??) Honestly, I was pretty nervous going into it no matter how many people told me that it would be a fun-filled day. The first thing I had to do was an interview which I am so grateful for because I was able to go through the rest of the day nerve free and enjoy it for what it was! I think the day went pretty well (fingers crossed), but I’ll find out next week! So to anyone reading this that will be attending RWU in the fall, maybe I’ll see you this summer. :)

Since I have no classes on Wednesday, I spent my day at a CEN event in the Lower Commons. There were hats and scarves for members of the university to have airbrushed by two artists. There was a constant line from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm which was a great thing to see. I had a hat airbrushed with my nickname, but I don’t wear hats, so it’s going to be a wicked cool wall decoration instead!

hat

Before I continue with my next story, I just want to make it clear that I love living in Maple Hall. It’s in close proximity to almost everything on campus, which is quite nice on extremely windy days. However, it seems that our fire alarms go off at the most inconvenient times! It has gone off three times in the last week, twice in one night after midnight and once a few days ago around dinner time. I’m hoping that there’s never an actual emergency, because chances are it will probably be the one time that none of us actually want to evacuate in a timely fashion. Then again, I suppose it just means that we have plenty of practice in evacuating our building, right?!

On a side note, I have been wearing flip flops and cropped jeans around campus for about a week now. Can someone remind me what month it is? I mean, I thought it was February, but I clearly must be wrong…

This is only about half of what I wanted to write about, but that just means that I now have a reason to write yet another blog!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Similar Posts
Posted in Spring 2012