CEN, Cotton Candy and Spring Break #2

Posted By on May 9th, 2012

I would like to apologize ahead of time if this blog ends up being sporadic and unorganized, but so many little things have happened recently here at school and at home that I have so much to say. It’s funny actually, I am sitting in the Hawk’s Nest in the Recreation Center with my planner right next to me that way I can remember everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks. I suppose that’s what happens when I don’t blog for a while… I end up forgetting everything I have done! But on the bright side, this blog will have more than one picture!

The first week in April I went home to see my brother. He is in the Army and stationed in Germany right now, so he isn’t home all too often. It basically felt like I had two spring breaks, considering I had only been back in school for two weeks after March break. I enjoyed being home, though the amount of work I had to make up when I got back to school last week was unimaginable. For the most part, my professors had no problem with me leaving for a week as long as I completed everything that I was going to miss… but little did I know that was going to be multiple papers, an exam and a lot of reading! But hey, at least I finally got the work out of the way! On the Wednesday of that week my parents took my two brothers and I to the New England Aquarium in Boston, specifically to see the penguins! Then we went to lunch at Legal Seafoods, which was delicious. Though… does anyone else see the problem with eating seafood after going to an aquarium?

Lindsey2

When I got back to campus on Sunday night I picked Mr. Finn up from his babysitter, and then finished all of the homework that I procrastinated on… which was quite a bit of it. Whoops… ;)

On Tuesday I had an opportunity to go to admissions and speak with two fellow freshmen on a live web broadcast. Basically we just had a conversation about life here as a freshman while sitting in front of a webcam. It was pretty neat to share my experiences live even though I’m always sharing what is happening with my freshman year :) .

After that I went directly to my last SOAR class of emerge. It feels like just yesterday that I was starting SOAR and playing a large amount of ice breakers at Baypoint. Time flies when you’re having fun, right? I took more out of that class than I had expected, especially knowledge about what they call the three C’s – Commitment, Congruence and Consciousness of Self. In all honesty, the fact that my SOAR class ended made me realize how rapidly my freshman year is also coming to an end. But that also means Summer 2012 and orientation is that much closer!!

That Thursday I had a CEN interview for a chair position for the 2012-2013 year. With that being said,  I am very very very very VERY happy to tell you that next year I am going to be the Community Liaison chair for CEN!!!! I am beyond excited that I don’t even know what to say other than YAY!

Speaking of CEN… Saturday night was our final comedian, Harland Williams, with opener Adam Grabowski. Both of them made me laugh so hard that I was basically in tears the entire night. I made a mistake though by leaving the field house briefly and as a result when I walked back in to go back to my seat Harland Williams saw me and proceeded to make fun of me in front of 250 people. It was extremely embarrassing but now looking back on it quite hilarious. Note to self- don’t try to leave without being noticed!

Last night was the annual Steak & Lobster dinner here at the university. Fun fact- I don’t like steak OR lobster. But I went anyway, partially because I was dragged along and partially because I felt like I needed to experience this anticipated event at least once. As expected it was pretty busy and entertaining to watch people try and open full sized lobsters. Apparently a lot of people actually enjoy steak and lobster…go figure!

Lindsey

I don’t know if I have said this before, but our food here at RWU is delicious. One of my favorite things about dining here is the surprises that we occasionally have. I don’t watch baseball, so I didn’t know that sometime last week was opening day for the Boston Red Sox, but the Bon Appetit staff did and had “baseball” food for us outside of Upper Commons (hot dogs, COTTON CANDY, popcorn and pretzels). Yum!

Lindsey3

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Similar Posts
Posted in Spring 2012