Why Hello There, Sophomore Year. Nice to Finally Meet You.

Posted By on September 4th, 2012

Even though a small part of me wonders where summer went and how it’s possible that I am already back in Rhode Island, I am thrilled to be back in my home away from home.

Two weeks ago I filled every last inch of my car with stuff that I insisted I needed for my first apartment. My car is not that big, so luckily my parents were kind enough to drive down with everything else a week later. I, of course, still had to make a few Target runs because there was no way my roommate and I were about to let our apartment look bland. Though there are still bags that need to be unpacked I love coming home to something other than just a normal dorm room. Even though I am a couple of miles of campus, I absolutely love living in Almeida and we even have a walk in closet!

Next mission, though… find a job that could somehow fit in my crazy schedule.

The reason I came back to campus two weeks ago is because of Late and International Orientation. There was quite a large number of incoming students at this orientation, in fact way more than I had ever anticipated. Everything more or less went off without a hitch, but now I am pretty sure the true test of my abilities will come in to play. Can I remember all of my orientees names? No probably not. Can I at least remember their faces? I can sure try. The challenge starts now. (Actually, a week ago as I was moving one of my student’s futons up to the 5th floor of the residence hall…)

The Fun Kids

The Fun Kids

Classes began last Wednesday, which basically means that reality set in. Sometimes it feels like I am on campus so much doing other things not related to academics that I forget what I am here for. I was reminded over the summer though when I had to purchase ten textbooks… Anyway, I started off my first sociology class well by arriving 20 minutes late after thinking I could get from my apartment, down Metacom Ave., find a parking spot in J-Lot, and walk to CAS within 20 minutes. For future reference, it’s not possible.  After finally making it to CAS I then walked into the wrong classroom (late…) which was extremely awkward. Eventually, I found my class in a completely different building and made the walk of shame into the CORRECT classroom. Good first impression, huh? Other than that, I am hoping that I will enjoy all of my classes this semester especially considering I took on a sixth course. It’s always go go go in my world!

Back to the fun stuff. CEN!

1,2,3 Weekend finished up yesterday with an amazing performance by Stephanie Coplan and We The Kings. The weather couldn’t have been better and there was a great turn out- I wish I knew the final count! The only downside is now I have the line “Check Yes Juliet” stuck in my head and am driving everyone crazy because I can’t stop humming the tune. But hey, I don’t have a problem with it. :) CEN’s Arts & Culture chair played The Avengers on Saturday night, and even though it unfortunately had to be moved into the field house due to weather approximately 220 students showed up to watch the action film. I really don’t like movies, and yet I only got up once and didn’t fall asleep! That is basically a new record for me. Oh! And of course we had Arden Myrin on campus on Friday night! Did you know that she is from Rhode Island?!

We The Kings

We The Kings

That is all I have for now. Have a good week everyone and happy fall!

PS- HI CAROL!!!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Similar Posts
Posted in Spring 2012