Zombie Status

Posted By on November 2nd, 2012

So sorry I have been neglecting the blogging world since the beginning of October. I promise I didn’t forget, in fact every time something worth writing about happened I thought to myself that I should blog about it…. so here I am! It was a rather hectic month in my world, and just when I thought I was going to turn into a walking zombie I realized that there was in fact a light at the end of the tunnel and I had a few days off. It was a minor miracle.

First, in case you were wondering–I made my decision on London. From the day I turned in my application, until two weeks later when I had my friend press send on an email because I couldn’t bring myself to do so, I am pretty sure I spent every last waking minute analyzing every little detail, making multiple pro and con lists, asking everyone’s opinions and then telling them they are wrong (my bad…) and flipping coins. I’m pretty sure Big Ben even ended up in a few of my dreams. I did receive an acceptance letter via email at 5:00 a.m. one morning, which was half of the battle. However, it took me until a week later at our first Wicked Weekend event, The Dark Knight Rises, to make up my mind. I wrote out a nicely worded email saying that I would in fact…. be staying here at RWU. I had finally figured out that what I have accomplished here meant more to me than studying abroad for entire semester. So, London just may have to wait for an intersession, summer session or vacation, but I will get there eventually.

The first couple weeks of October were filled with midterms, papers, no sleep and more. Every morning seemed like a constant battle to get out of bed, because chances are I had only slept for a couple of hours and every cup of coffee seemed more ineffective than the last. In reality, my mind was just constantly running a mile a minute and I was starting to become convinced that I could not possibly absorb anything else into that sponge in my head. The day I realized that I had finally completed every assignment and taken all of my midterms was the greatest. Like I said, I thought I was going to become a zombie, but it clearly wasn’t quite yet the apocalypse.

One of my favorite weekends of the year occurred this past month- Homecoming!! It began with Casino Night (which I never fail to do horribly at) followed by Midnight Madness (which actually lasted until midnight!), featuring Chicago’s Sky Squad. I thought the bonfire was going to be my favorite pep rally but now I think it is an even tie with this year’s Midnight Madness. (Go Dan, Go!) Then there was the always delicious Autumn Luncheon, Autumn Fest, St. Baldrick’s, sports games, etc. and apparently the kayaks were open, as well. Can you believe I still haven’t gone kayaking on the bay? It’s on my to-do list before I graduate.

Homecoming!

Homecoming!

And then there was the theme weekend that CEN has been planning for the entire semester. Wicked Weekend was just that… wicked. This themed weekend was unique because all of our events were homegrown instead of performers and activities being brought in from the outside. Everything began with a showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” on Tuesday, followed by “Make Your Own Zombie Shirts” during the day on Thursday, the Common’s annual themed dinner and our getaway to the Jack O’Lantern Spectacular. I may be a little bit biased by saying that the getaway was my favorite event, but it was the first event of the year that my committee and I planned so it was rewarding to see all of our hard work come together. The paths of the zoo were lined with thousands of intricately carved pumpkins, EVEN TITANIC ONES!

Titanic!

Titanic!

The creepy laughing tree

The creepy laughing tree

Wicked Weekend continued on with Roger’s Haunted Asylum which resulted in losing my voice. Isn’t it normal for someone to be held down in an operating room pretending to be murdered? Yes? No? CEN ended Wicked Weekend with WTF’s first annual Zombie Prom. 4 DJ’s, 2 stages, a photo booth, dirt cake, and more helped the week go out with a bang.

Oh, and what about that hurricane? Last year we had Hurricane Irene, and this year Hurricane Sandy. I had never experienced a hurricane before I went off to college on the coast. I’m used to snow/ice days being a common occurrence, but hurricane days? Though I was glad to finally pay catch up with sleep and work, it was definitely under unfortunate circumstances.

That’s all for now. This upcoming week CEN is going to NACA in Hartford, so I’m sure to have stories from that. Aside from NACA, I’m about to pick my schedule for next semester, which I am completely unprepared for. I refuse to admit that college is going by so quickly.

Talk to you once I play some more catch up,

Lindsey

Tags: , , ,

Similar Posts
Posted in Fall 2012