Why I Love Roger Williams University and more :)

Hey Everyone!

Hello world and welcome to my first blog ever!!! :-) As this is my first blog I’d like to introduce myself to you, my lovely readers. My name is Jessica and I am the Assistant Director of Admission here at Roger Williams University. What does that mean? Well basically I am the one in your high schools, at college fairs, conducting information sessions on campus AND reviewing your application! (I review close to 1,000 every winter). Simply put, my job is to tell you everything I know about this place and help you to decide if this school feels right for you.

I LOVE ROGER WILLIAMS UNIVERSITY!!! I have been told I have contagious enthusiasm by parents, students, guidance counselors…lots of people. I love Roger Williams because it truly lives up to the hype. This gorgeous campus is a tight-knit community full of friendly, smart and ambitious students – none exactly alike and there is definitely a place for everyone here.

We also really embody our core values in everything we do: the love of learning, global perspective, getting ready for life and learning after college, collaboration of faculty and students in research, civil discourse, sustainability and community service.  I feel good about what I do every day and I only can dream that the students at RWU will one day experience the joy of having a career they love too.

I am also lucky enough to work with our current students as the supervisor of my beloved Admission Ambassadors (campus tour guides!!) They make me very proud with their positive attitudes and honesty; they are amazing examples of the best that Roger Williams students can be.

So, that’s a glimpse into my life here at RWU. :) I hope I get a chance to meet you while I’m travelling this fall in CT and NY or here on campus. Feel free to drop me an email anytime at jwinthrop-oney@rwu.edu – I’d love to help you through this journey!

468 ad