IT’S A WINTER WONDERLAND!

IT’S A WINTER WONDERLAND!

Hello All,

My name is Eric Schmigle; Class of 2000, and I am thrilled to be back working with the Admissions Team at Roger Williams University, but more importantly working for my alma mater.   As an undergraduate I worked in the admissions office giving guided tours, answering questions at Accepted Student Day’s and Open House events.

Once I graduated, I was offered a full-time counselor position in the admissions house.  Almost six years passed and I decided that it was time to see what else the world had to offer. When I left admissions in 2006, I had the opportunity to work for my family’s construction business; designing and building homes, and just this last year work for a state university in South Carolina.  Since I have been back on campus, I have learned more about what’s new and exciting at RWU.  For example, the University Communications team created an awesome site, the “Media Room“, informing the local community of current news at RWU.

How is everyone holding up with our record breaking snowfall this year?  I know I am ready to see the green grass and the mercury start rising so I can enjoy a little kayaking.  That reminds me, I have not talked about our athletic programs. Our 2009-2010 school year was one of the most successful years in our school history. We had seven conference championships, one NCAA Tournament appearance, and two ECAC appearances.  More importantly, some of our student athletes were recognized as being Academic All-Americans.  Check out our athletic website to see how our winter sports are handling The Commonwealth Coast Conference.

roger

Lastly, if you have been keeping up with our blogs you know that all of our Early Action decision letters have all gone out.  Congratulations and welcome to the Class of 2015.  If you have questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at admit@rwu.edu.  This week we are excited to inform you that we will be sending out our first batch of Regular Decision letters, so keep a close eye on your mailbox.

If you still have questions about your application, please give us a call anytime at 401-254-3500.

Go Hawks!!

468 ad