Love is…

Love is…

Hey Everyone!

Valentine’s Day is upon us once again, and whether you’re single or taken, it’s still a great time to reflect on the things we love.  With that being said, I thought I’d talk to you a little about the things that I love about RWU.

First things first…the students. I know I may be a bit partial because I work here, but RWU students are seriously some of the best around. What?  Still don’t believe me?  Fine…check out some examples.  Meredith, a senior, just scored an AMAZING job with a Big Four accounting firm. Aside from that, she has some pretty fantastic taste in music. Then there’s Kaila, a star student that’s currently a junior. Kaila works in our office and holds a couple other campus jobs. She’s always willing to help out in any way she can, even if it means delivering something cross-campus in a snow storm. There’s also Andy, a recent RWU grad who still keeps me updated on all that he’s doing.  He’s working as a teacher in Connecticut and recently got hired to be the track coach, as well. I could go on, but you’re probably saying to yourself, “So what? Who cares? Tell me what else you love.”

Well…there’s our staff.  Again, I may be partial, but they are one of the hardest working, most fun group of people that I’ve ever worked with. I’d love to talk about everyone, but this is just a blog not a blovel (get it? Like a blog/novel? No? Ok, then…) There’s Kristina, my daily gym buddy. We both have trips coming up, so we’re trying to be our best! Jess, who has the BEST laugh…..ever! There’s Kathy C. who is always looking out for me…and keeping me in check! Glo, who knows the answer to any question you could possibly ask. And of course, Mary Anne and Lori, who aside from their many responsibilities, always are there to help us celebrate a special occasion.

Ya know what else is pretty darn lovable?  The food.  Oh man do I love food.  The food around here is always top notch; in fact I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t getting a bit hungry just writing about it.  The daily menus are available here, so make sure you check them out.  I’m not much of an onion ring fan, but let me tell you, I could eat a plateful when I go to the Commons. Sooooooo good! I guess it comes full circle, ‘cause when I come back from the Commons there’s a lot more of me to love, too.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

<3 Justin

468 ad