The Ultimate Rhode Trip!

The Ultimate Rhode Trip!

Hey Everyone!

So a couple of weeks ago I had one of the best few days of my professional career. What did I do you ask? Well, let me fill you in! I co-chaired the Rhode Island Association of Admissions Officers Guidance Counselor Tour with Cassie from Bryant University. We hosted forty counselors from across the country to come and visit all ten schools in lil’ Rhodey. The week was jam-packed, and it was really a blast.

I was lucky enough to tour all the schools as well, and let me tell you, I felt like I was back in my college-searching days. It gave me a whole new prospective on many schools that I thought I knew a lot about. Just goes to show the value of touring campuses, I guess. I even bought a couple t-shirts from other schools’ bookstores (just don’t tell my boss, ok?) Another great part of this tour was the food. Each school hosted us for either breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I must say that by the end of the week I must have gained five pounds… You would think there would be a lot of competition between the different schools, but it’s not really the case. We pretty much all know each other and all want to see students find the school that’s the right fit for them.

It wasn’t all business though; we did some other pretty cool things during the week. We took a bus tour of Newport given by the FANTASTIC Ron Heroux, who gave so much insight and information about the area (again, so much stuff I had no idea about!) We also had two evenings out in Providence where we were joined by a bunch of our colleagues from the other Rhode Island Colleges and Universities.

RIAAO

I met some really great counselors from places like California, Vermont, Massachusetts, Ohio, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. On both a professional and a personal level, these were some of the most fun, interesting, and dedicated people that I have met. They’re a group that I truly hope to keep in contact with over the years. See, your guidance counselors are out making their college visits, isn’t it time you did the same? If you’re interested in touring Roger Williams University, you can register here. Come by and say hello!

See you on the Quad!

Justin

468 ad