SUMMER IN RHODE ISLAND!!

SUMMER IN RHODE ISLAND!!

Hello Everyone!!

Last time I blogged there was a foot of snow and ice on RWU’s campus. I always enjoy a ski trip to Vermont from time to time, but I am sure most of you agree that summer could not come fast enough.

If you are visiting RWU’s campus this summer, I highly recommend visiting the historic downtown of Bristol. Roger Williams University is located only a few minutes away and you will be pleasantly surprised of what Bristol has to offer. Visit Historic Bristol to learn more about one of New England’s hidden treasures.

If you cannot get enough of the beautiful coastline of Rhode Island I recommend traveling only 30 minutes up the road to Newport, RI. Newport has its own feel with fine dining, shopping on Thames Street and scenic walking tours of historic mansions. If you feel adventurous you can always make reservations on one of the many sailboats that offer tours of Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay.

Lastly, when leaving RI and if time allows I recommend visiting Providence, RI. Providence has its own shopping on Thayer Street, Federal Hill for Italian food dining and WaterFire which I always take advantage of over the summer.

PS. Visit our campus visit page to sign up for a student guided campus tour!!

Newport Bridge

468 ad