The Wonderous Adventures of Kristina & Justin

Hey Everyone!

It’s summertime here in Admissions which makes for one of my favorite times of the year!  Not only is the weather sunny and warm (for the most part) it also means exploring some of the best parts of Bristol with my WBFFL (Work Best Friend For Life) Kristina. Each Friday Kristina and I take lunch and try to go somewhere different in the Bristol area. Lemme give you the scoop on some of our adventures and the places you need to check out in the area when you come for a visit.

Nacho Mamma’s

This is a place that we may have enjoyed a couple of different times…! The food here is delish and it’s operated by such friendly staff. Kristina and I went a few weeks back and sat and ate outside. It’s located right in the heart of downtown Bristol, which made for a nice spot to people watch. I highly recommend the quesadillas.

Gray’s Ice Cream

Mmmmmm……ice cream ::makes Homer Simpson drool face:: Anyone who knows me knows that ice cream is one of the few things I can’t resist. Gray’s is ice cream that doesn’t disappoint! All of the ice cream is homemade and boy does it taste it. My personal favorite is Peanut Butter and Kristina can’t leave without a cup of Coffee Chip. Gray’s has a few locations, one of which is located on a dock in downtown Bristol. Perfect for a warm, summer day!

Here we go!

Here we go!

The Knotty Dog

Kristina and I went to this store a couple of weeks ago when I was looking for a gift for a friend’s birthday. The Knotty Dog is a gift shop where most items are made from reclaimed or recycled materials. The emphasis at the store is “hand-made pieces from American artists.” It’s great knowing that you found a truly unique gift! I can’t tell you exactly what I bought because I haven’t given it yet, but I’m sure my friend Rebekah will love it!

Paper, Packaging, and Panache

Kristina needed to get some stationary (ya know so she could write me notes about how amazing I am.) She found some really pretty, pink stationary with small polka dots. The store had a lot of other great cards and gift ideas, so I would suggest visiting next time you’re in Bristol. And, in case you’re wondering, I’m still waiting on that note from Kristina…

The Toy Shop

No matter how old you get, there’s still something about going into a toy store. We went in on a whim with really no purpose to buy anything. Flash forward to both of us leaving with a bag in hand. Kristina bought this pretend cake that she said reminded her of a toy that she and her sister played with when they were younger and I bought a sock monkey, because frankly, they’re super-cool.

I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about some of the cool shops and restaurants located in Bristol! Remember, try to allot a little time after your campus tour to check out and explore some of the things our town has to offer!

Catch ya’ later!

Justin

468 ad