Home Sweet Home at RWU!

Home Sweet Home at RWU!

It is great to be back on our beautiful campus! I was recently able to take some time off and do some traveling in Europe and have been meaning to blog about it but have simply been caught up since my return. So here it is… For most of June I was able travel and in just those few short weeks I was able to visit cities in Spain, Greece, Turkey, Italy, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, and Ireland! And from the Eiffel Tower in Paris (pictured below) to the canals of Venice, the Acropolis in Greece, the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland (another shining example of my cell phone photography skills pictured below) and my personal favorite, the shimmering blue waters of the Blue Grotto in Capri, it was truly a perfect trip (thanks largely to my girlfriend, travel partner and travel planner extraordinaire Elissa) . Well, it was almost a perfect trip, with the exception of one grueling experience watching the taxi cab meter run up to 300 USD in Brussels, Belgium (as it turns out there are two airports in and around Brussels, one right in the city and one very far from the city and if you find a flight price that seems too good to be true, it is probably too good to be true). But, as spectacular as everything was perhaps the best part of all was being able to return to home sweet home at the end of the trip, to Rhode Island, my family, and our beautiful campus here at RWU! And while the beautiful views have stayed the same Oh my have things been happening here at RWU while I was gone, for instance we are now ranked #1 in the Nation for Sailing, which I have to say I think is pretty spectacular. And on a personal note while I got to return to the same great office, I will be taking on a new role as our International Admission Counselor working to continue Roger Williams University’s tradition of bringing in wonderfully culturally diverse classes. There are students representing 30 different countries in next year’s incoming class alone and I am unbelievably excited to be a part of that process. So there will be many more blogs to come and you can check out my Twitter at RWU_Michael for more frequent updates!

The Cliffs of Moher in Ireland

The Cliffs of Moher in Ireland

468 ad