International Admission Spring Update

International Admission Spring Update

It has been a busy Spring in International Admission both in and out of the office. From April 8th-April 18th travel took me to Asia on behalf of the University with great school visits, counselor meetings and meetings with families and students across China and Hong Kong. From Beijing to Tianjin I had my first trip aboard the high speed trains in China. In Shanghai I had a night off to visit the Bund and look out on one of my favorite skylines in the world and in Hong Kong I was able to celebrate my birthday by walking around the Stanley Market and visiting the Hong Kong Maritime museum. And while the sights and modes of transportation changed city to city, one thing remained the same, truly wonderful students who were hoping to make Roger Williams University their home away from home! Below you can see a picture of me with just a few of the great students I was able to meet, answering questions at the High School attached to Capitol Normal University in Beijing following my presentation on how to choose a school in the United States and RWU.

Upon returning to the office things didn’t slow down but rather they got even busier as we started to find out who would be joining us at Roger Williams University for the Fall class of 2012 and it is shaping up to be an extremely diverse class of students. We currently have students coming to us from over 20 different countries around the world with more still coming! There is a lot more still to come this Spring but I am already looking forward to International Orientation in August, to meet the students that I have gotten to work with through the application process and to see again the students and families that I have met on the road or through campus visits. If you have any questions regarding International Admission then don’t hesitate to contact me directly at MVieira@rwu.edu.

Answering questions at the High School attached to Capitol Normal University in Beijing

468 ad