WHY OUR STUDENTS THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE A SUMMER RENDEZVOUS AT RWU!!!!!!!!!!

I have the best job in the world!!! Every day I get to work one on one with not only prospective students but also our current students. I manage over 90 students who work in admissions – RWU Admission Ambassadors! – and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. They keep me laughing, they keep me on my toes and they keep me in the know. So when it was time to write my blog, I turned to our amazing student staff for their perspective.

Fresh from the press…hear it in their words….

WHY SHOULD PEOPLE VISIT RWU THIS SUMMER???

Jess L.  - You should visit RWU because it’s important to get a feel for the campus and the facilities. You will also have a chance to talk to faculty, staff and other students.

Lisseth S. – I think you should visit because of the diverse programs we offer and our location. The class ratios are really good here – this is a school where the professor can get to know you and you are not a number.

Kevin M. – It is amazing to visit RWU in the summer. You can walk behind GHH and see the bay and then walk down to the dock. It’s the perfect climate in the summer – not too hot with a cool breeze.

Tania H. – There is a great view of the bay, it’s beautiful and the weather is nice! We have different programs running over the summer like middle school camps and Orientation so there is a lot going on. Also, the people working in Admissions are really friendly and bubbly!

Muath A. – Summer is a great time to visit because you can see everything. The campus is wide open to explore and we have nice weather! Check out the Rec Center, GHH, the library, a residence hall and stop by Admissions.

Sarah B. – Visit RWU – we are right on the bay! You can get a great feel for the school in the summer. You will see what it’s like to be at mid-sized liberal arts school and be able to figure out exactly what you’re looking for in a college.

Marcela R. – You should come – the weather is really good so take advantage of it! There are a lot of summer camps at RWU so there is always something going on.

AND! WHAT SHOULD THEY DO IN THE AREA???

Jess L. – In Bristol, eat at Quito’s or the Beehive and definitely check out Colt State Park.

Lisseth S. – Downtown Bristol is a beautiful place to relax and hang out. Go to the Beehive, Colt State Park, and up on 136 is Eskimo King (250 flavors of ice cream – everyone has to go there at least once!) and in Newport go to the beaches. Even though Bristol is a small town it is close to everything.

Kevin M. – In Bristol, go to Colt State Park, Sip N Dip, Ricotti’s, the Wrap Shack, Aidan’s or Quito’s.

Tania H. – Definitely go to Newport and Portsmouth. In Newport you can take advantage of the ferries or  go to a jazz concert. In Bristol we have the 4th of July parade! The Orientation Advisors make a float for the parade every year and were featured on the local news last night.

Muath A. – In Bristol you should walk on the 18 mile bike path. In Newport there is a lot going on. America’s cup will be here and there are concerts every day from 6-10pm.

Sarah B. – My top pick is Newport. It is a summer town and there are lots of boutiques to shop in and restaurants. There is a lot going on!

Marcela R.– Take the time to visit Newport. One of my favorite restaurants is 41 North. It’s upscale and feels like you’re in a different country. You can sit and watch the yachts go by and on the weekends it turns into a lounge with DJ’s playing. Also go to the Landing and if you want to do more touristy things see Cliff Walk.

Now that you’ve heard from our students I think you know what you need to do. Come visit Roger Williams University! Give us a call at (401) 254-3500 or schedule a tour online. We are waiting for you!

468 ad