International Admissions Counselor
B.A. in Political Science, University of Rhode Island
Territory: Across the Globe
Where are you originally from? Coventry, RI
Where did you attend college? University of Rhode Island
Where do you live now? Newport, RI
What’s your favorite aspect of working at RWU? Meeting with prospective students from all over the world and helping them through their college search.
What’s your favorite:
- Book – The Da Vinci Code (Even if you watched the movie, Do yourself a favor and read the book!)
- Band – I love all music (well, almost all music)
- Movie – Forrest Gump
- Thing to do in the summer, fall, winter & spring – Rhode Island is gorgeous for all four seasons, whether you are enjoying the fall foliage, visiting the Newport Mansions during the winter when they are lit up for the holidays, enjoying spring time outdoors by walking along the Cliff Walk or taking advantage of one of our beautiful beaches during the summer (although my favorite way to enjoy the ocean during the summer months is kayaking).
- Weekend activity in RI – Newport and Block Island are perfect places to spend a weekend away in Rhode Island. But for a night out nothing beats Theatre by the Sea during the summer in Matunuck.
- Vacation spot – I love to travel almost anywhere but my favorite vacation spot has to be the island of Capri in Italy.
- Cheap eats – My real weakness is ice cream and for the best ice cream in Rhode Island try the Vanilla Bean in Matunuck.
If you could take a trip or live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would love to see the pyramids in Egypt!
If you could be anything you want when you grow up, what would you be? Working in International Admissions is my dream job and I wouldn’t trade it for any other!
What’s something not many people know about you? I love to read, I read on average a book a week, and would love to read even more if I had the time.
If you could give one piece of advice to the incoming freshman class, what would it be? Get involved in everything you can. Take advantage of all of the opportunities you have in college and make the most out every day because it will be over before you know it!
What’s your favorite RWU memory? Getting the phone call that I was hired standing on the corner of a street in Dublin, Ireland.
Any favorite quotes? “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust