Spring Fever

Today, the temperature reached the mid-80s on campus. The weather has been AMAZING the past few days- So much so, that I have not felt like doing any work. I seem to be suffering severely from a case of Spring Fever, but I’m not really complaining. Instead, I’ve thrown care to the wind and decided to work on my tan, instead of some papers. Unfortunately, the fun can’t last forever and I should trade my beach ball for some textbooks.

Some things that are going on in my life:

We’ve got one last Accepted Students Day this Sunday- I’ll keep an eye out for you. Also, there’s an Open House for students still searching for colleges on April 21st that any juniors (or younger students) should check out as well.

The Campus Entertainment Network is going absolutely crazy planning Spring Weekend. The theme is still ultra-secret, but I can tell you it will be amazing. All the details will be forthcoming.

One of my friends, Adam, who is also the Freshman Class President, organized a fundraiser for Dana-Farber which every club and organization on campus is participating in. It’s a Cake Off- an elaborate cake decorating contest. Participants raise donations for the Jimmy Fund and the cakes are judged by local notables. Everyone on campus is buzzing, since we’ve never done anything like it before.

I’m registering for classes next week, which makes me realize my life as a freshman is soon to be over. I’m living in Stonewall Terrace next year, which is very different from Cedar. As for a roommate, I’m note sure who I’ll be living with. My current roommate is transferring to a school closer to home and we planned on living together next year, so he left me in an odd position. But, I’m sure everything will work out for the best.

What’s happening in your lives? Narrowing down your choices for schools is hard- whether you’re deciding where to go or even where to apply. I’ve been there and can help you through it, if you need me.

Till next time,
Tom