The Promised End

Hey all,

I know it’s been ages since I’ve written, but things have been crazy. Between end of the semester projects, Spring Weekend, and everything else going on, you could say I’ve been busy.

So, this year’s Spring Weekend was themed Cirque du Roger: Get Your Freak On. CEN decked out campus in purple, black, and teal, even dressing up Roger like a ringleader. They had t-shirts that said “I Pitched My Tent” and “Pass the Nuts”, which were a lot of fun. Also, they gave out gimmicks, like lanyards, cups, and juggling balls.

Roger, getting his freak on

Roger, getting his freak on

Block Party

Block Party

The Spring Concert, which took place on Wednesday, was The Fray. About 100 kids got to meet them, but sadly I didn’t get there in time. It really was a great show, though. Thursday, there was a PostSecret-type event, called RWU Hidden Truths, for which students could submit their own secrets on post cards, which were later displayed. Friday, we had Quad Fest, with tons of free food, make-your-own stuffed animals (lions, tigers, giraffes, and elephants), and plenty to do. All of this, was a preview of Saturday’s Block Party- which had rides, more food, roaming performers, a caricature artist, and more. All in all, it really was a great weekend.

The Fray

The Fray

It’s hard to imagine, as I complete my last few assignments that my life as a freshman is quickly approaching its promised end. I only have two “real” finals left. My other three classes required final papers to be written, which I’ve already completed. Expect one more entry this semester!

Let me know how it’s going on your end,

Tom