Home is where ever I’m with you.

Hey all,

Guess who’s back? Your favorite RWU Freshman Sophomore Blogger, obviously. Let me start off by saying, London and Paris were amazing. The weather could not have been more amazing. Sunny and in the low 70’s daily- perfect days. In the mornings, we would have class, where we would discuss the daily readings and our previous day’s experiences in the cities. Our professors would then lead us through the cities, stopping at various points throughout to point out cultural or historical significant streets, buildings, or empty spaces where buildings used to be.

Afternoons and evenings were totally ours- spent going to theatres, restaurants, cafes, museums (which are free in London!), and parks. This loose schedule allowed for me to make the most of my experience in Europe. The England, I had time to see a play every night- including Macbeth at Shakespeare’s Globe and an amazing production of The Crucible at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre (which I actually had to sneak into, because I arrived a little late, but that’ll be our little secret.) In France, I was able to take a side trip to Versailles, move through the Louvre at my own leisurely pace,  and spend hours sitting on a cafe terrace, drinking coffee and soaking in Paris as the Parisians do.

Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station

Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station

I saw the real Rosetta Stone, but touched this fake one.

On the Millennium Bridge (3 guesses as to when it was built)

Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa

On top of the Eiffel Tower

On top of the Eiffel Tower

Paris, je t'aime.

Paris, je t'aime.

Now that I’m back, and my paper for my class is finished, my summer can really start. Not really. Monday, I start my production of a hipster/indie rocker As You Like It with middle schoolers in the mornings and assisting with a medieval, Celtic A Midsummer Night’s Dream (think Braveheart, but with MAGIC) in the afternoons.

5 weeks later, in August, I’ll be back at RWU Admissions full time, working in the Office and giving tours. And before I know it, school will be in session again. I’m actually looking forward to it, because it means seeing all my great friends again.

I’ll be visiting sophomore class president and current tour guide extraordinaire, Adam Semple in Cape Cod with RWU alumna and former tour guide extraordinaire, Jessica Sultaire. Adam has an internship at the Woods Hole Aquarium training seals or something similarly awesome. Can’t wait for my Vampire Weekend weekend.

Hope your summer is going well,

Tom

This entry’s shout outs:

• My office mom, Kristina
  • My bosses, Amanda and Jess
  • C. Ramen Rosen