The season finale.

Hello all,

Sorry it’s been ages since my last post…I got caught up in finals and end of the semester festivities.

Since I last checked in, I returned from Thanksgiving break with more leftovers that I could ever possibly consume. Then the end of the semester hit me- one paper, one group project and accompanying paper, and three finals.

My group project was on Playboy and the Feminist Movement- a topic I presented with four lovely ladies in my Dimensions of History class. Resisting the urge to wear a smoking jacket and silk pajama pants to class, the presentation went off without a hitch. It was very tastefully done and we treaded with caution in our presentation- we didn’t want to shove it down their throats. (zing)

Now, I’m officially done with half of Sophomore year. It’s a weird feeling. I can’t quite describe it.

Non-academically, I’ve had a ton going on too. The Presidential Student Ambassadors had a Winter Recruitment Social, organized by yours truly and Shannon, my lovely Retention and Recruitment co-chair. Nearly 40 prospective Ambassadors attended the event, all with the desire to someday wear the elusive blazer.

The few, the proud, the Presidential Ambassadors.

Naturally, after all that studying for finals, I needed a break. Which is why I love Late Night Breakfast. The night before finals, IRHA organizes a breakfast starting at 9 pm where there is tons of the usual breakfast fare, plus ice cream sundaes.

Oh, how the tables have turned...

Oh, how the tables have turned...

Some of my favorite staff members.

Some of my favorite staff members.

The Commons was absolutely packed!

The Commons was absolutely packed!

Admissions also had a lovely Halloween-themed holiday party. (Not really, but I like to tell people that…)

A force to be reckoned with.

A force to be reckoned with.

For those of you who haven't heard...Claire plays the clarinet.

Best wishes for the Holiday season!

Best wishes for the Holiday season!

Before I get too sentimental on the passing of time and my growing older and wiser…I’d like to wish all my lovely readers, Happy Holidays! I look forward to seeing you (metaphorically speaking) when I return in the Spring for round 2.

Till next time,

Tom

P.S. Congrats to Jack and Katie…looking forward to September 2011!