Absence makes the heart grow fonder…

It’s been a while!

Between my flurry of homework, the Admissions Office buzzing with tours, and my lack of time to schedule a very much needed haircut….I haven’t had the chance to blog!

Since I last wrote, I’ve settled into a routine. One of my walls is covered in StickyNotes detailing my to-do’s, my planner is running out of space for me to write everything. It’s turning into a very hectic semester.

Some cool stuff that’s been going on in my life:

-I finished my application to study abroad in Florence in the Fall. Keeping my fingers crossed…

I want to go to there.

I want to go to there.

-I might be in D.C. this summer interning….somewhere. There are still a few details that need to fall into place before I’m certain of anything. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll be camp counseling again.

-RWU celebrated it’s 55th birthday on Valentine’s Day…Tea with the President and his wife, cake, and “I <3 RWU” bracelets. Here are a few (4) pictures from UComm:

President Ronald O. Champagne, Ph.D. & Mrs. Ruth Champagne, Ph.D.

Oggi_031

Tea & Treats

Birthday Cake

Birthday Cake

Lots of love for RWU

Lots of love for RWU

-As co-chair of the Recruitment and Retention Committee of the Presidential Student Ambassadors, I’ve been reviewing applications for admission to the organization. We’ve had so many great candidates apply….deciding will be impossible.

-We had a 90s Dance on campus, sponsored by WQRI a few weeks back. It was a ton of fun seeing everyone in their 90s duds and rocking out to my favorite forgotten songs.

I want it that way.

I want it that way.

I also went to see Joshua Radin at the House of Blues. I love how accessible Boston is from Bristol- had brunch in town, then spent the night in the city. It’s the best of both worlds, which is pretty cool.

Joshua Radin

Joshua Radin

I know, this is a shameless plug- but dust off your radios and tune into 88.3 FM Fridays from 4-6 for Hotmess with Lisa and Abby. Great music, gossip, and more. You know you want to.

Hot. Mess.

Hot. Mess.

Only a little more than two weeks until Spring Break! It’s a double-edged sword though. Before I get a vacation, I have more work to do…

As March creeps closer, that also means Accepted Students Days. Which also means chocolate fountains. (Please tell me they’re still in the budget…) And more importantly, an opportunity for you to see why RWU is right. for you. See you there!

I’ll try to get on here more frequently.

Until next time,

Tom