Semi-Charmed Life.

What a whirlwind of a month.

Between March Meltdown, classes, ASDs, I’ve forgotten to blog…

Whoops.

Stuff that’s been going on in my life…

I went to Junior Semi-Formal as a paparazzo (it was a red carpet themed event). But that didn’t stop me from enjoying myself. Erm..Did I mention I’m technically a junior in terms of credits?

One of my favorite ICCers...Steph Birch and I.

My favorite Sophomore Class Officers...who always manage to rock it (even in a knee brace...)

The Presidential Student Ambassadors participated at the Second Annual Cake-Off, a great event which raises tons of money for the Jimmy Fund and unites campus under a great goal. Team “Get Blazed” made a blazer cake. I mean, it’s what we’re known for…

The fruit of our labor

The fruit of our labor

How did we not win Best Dressed?

How did we not win Best Dressed?

On Wednesday, the Presidential Ambassadors are welcoming eight new Ambassadors to the organization at a ceremony and reception at the President’s Residence. Candle lighting, saying things in unison, and a great menu (including mini duck tacos and truffle balls with smoked mozzarella) are a must. We’re not a cult, I promise.

In other news…Italy is official!!! I’ll be in Florence from the end of August to mid-December. I cannot wait to learn a new language, discuss Michelangelo’s work on-site, and read Renaissance literature where it was first written. (Are you Reddy, Lisa?)

I have a couple of interviews lined up with NGOs and political think-tanks in DC for a summer internship. I’m DC-bound a few days after Commencement and there until the beginning of August. My parents are beginning to think I’m trying to evade them… I promise, I’m not. My dirty laundry is beginning to accumulate, so a trip to my old stomping grounds is forthcoming.

The final round of Accepted Students Days are this weekend. In the Admissions world, this is like our season finale. Tensions are high, friendships are tested, and the audience is left sitting on the edges of their seats until the final moments. But don’t worry….we’ve already been picked up for next year’s fall line-up.

I’ve yet to pick a topic for my Judicial Process term paper…so, if you’re reading this Ulrickson, I’m open to suggestions.

My U.S. in World Affairs “Frenemies: British/American Relations” paper is progressing nicely and I’ve just begun working on my French Revolution final skit- The Real Housewives of the Middle East. All in all, I have a lot of work that separates me from the end of the semester.

I can’t help thinking that my time here is almost half over. Where have these two years gone?

I’ll keep you posted,

Tom

P.S….I recently attended another local college’s Spring Concert and was mind-blowingly disappointed in Jason DeRulo. Luckily…RWU is hosting Lupe Fiasco and Third Eye Blind. Couldn’t be more excited…