249 days until Commencement

At Convocation, as eager freshmen filled a hot tent on the baseball field, ready to begin their RWU adventure, I realized that mine was coming to a close. The next tent I’d be under would be at Commencement. My graduation day. As cliche as it sounds, I feel like it was just yesterday that I was moving into Cedar, meeting new friends, and loving every minute of it.

Reality has set it. I’m a senior. There are theses to write, a cap and gown to purchase, GREs to take, and real life to figure out. Grad school or work? New York or LA (or London or Chicago or DC…)? Decisions, decisions.

Real life multiple choice questions?

Real life multiple choice questions?

But that’s the future. Let’s talk about the now. Since I’m a masochist, I’m taking six courses, chairing a Student Senate committee, editing the Internationalist at Hawk, working as a research assistant in the History Department, and commuting to campus. There may be some nap taking on the couch in the Student Senate office.

Last First Day of School

Last First Day of School

Classes. Foreign Policy of Russia and China; Research Methods in Political Science; History Senior Seminar; Colonial America; Ethnic Conflict; Rich State, Poor State.

Books on books on books

Books on books on books

Student Senate. I’m the Academic Affairs committee chair. Our big thing for September is a co-sponsored series of events for Graduate School Month with the Career Center. Looming is Professor of the Semester selection and Senate scholarship awarding.

I'm kind of a big deal.

I'm kind of a big deal.

Research Assistant. You need some copies? I can make those copies.

Internationalist. RWU’s source for all things international. Currently we publish on a rolling basis online. Check it out.

Commuting. Gas is pricey. :/

Less than nine months until Commencement. It’s like I’m pregnant…with emotion.

Here’s to hoping for no complications,

Tom